View Single Post
Old 03-01-2014, 12:59   #212
davidd_ma
Inactive

davidd_ma is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: mj Quinn bt openreach engineers

I should have written this earlier, but I could not find time to do it.
In August 2013 I have signed up for MI training with MJ Quinn, the biggest mistake I have ever made!!! To be honest I was very happy I am going to start working for them, because what they were promising sounded very good. Long contract and good money, they were promising 6 jobs a day, that’s the only reason I have started, what more can I want!
But that was far from the reality! I was never to be given enough work, although I have called every day asking for extra work the answer was always the same “We don’t have any more work, unfortunately there is short spell!!!” That “short spell” continued for month and half, for that time my average complete jobs was below 4, which worked out below £80 a day, money before tax and fuel! Try surviving on this when you are the only person providing for a family, I have a wife and a baby at home!
I need to mention this, it’s not that I was not able to do the job, it’s that I was never given enough work!!!
So after month and half I have decided to leave. What they did after I have explained the reason for me leaving (the reason is “Not enough work and I was not able to support my family”) is to not pay my earnings for the last 2 weeks (£595), because I have signed training agreement, which states that if you leave earlier than 6 months you have to cover the expenses for the training! I have checked it with a legal adviser, does not matter the reason one has to pay for the training if leaves early!
So for two months with MJ Quinn I can say they are the worst company. Also I have wasted my time and pretty much I didn’t earn anything for 2 months.
I need to mention this as well: my mate completed the training with me, although they keep telling you that they will help you during your first week alone that was not the case with my mate! His first day alone he rings Controls to ask for assistance, they didn’t even know who his manager was! So he is out on the field until 8-9 p.m. that day and manages to complete 1or 2 jobs. The next day he quits, went back to Liverpool to return the van and he met one of the chaps we did the training with, that chaps is returning the van too and guess why same reason “ NO SUPPORT”. I had same sort of problems too, no support, tried to get through to Controls no one is answering!
STAY AWAY FROM MJ QUINN!!! THE WORST COMPANY!!!
Sorry for the long post!
davidd_ma is offline   Reply With Quote