View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 22:47   #162
Ukjay
Inactive

Ukjay is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: mj Quinn bt openreach engineers

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoop johal View Post
I have a few mates that work for BT direct and said its an easy job and my em times better then working for virgin media. I start training on the15thvof this month in Liverpool so maybe u should try to move to installs. So if I get an nbi can't I just ask for another job to make up for it? When I was working for map group they used to force us another job even if we didnt have the time.

---------- Post added at 20:52 ---------- Previous post was at 20:50 ----------

Plus being self employed is good right? It has urs benfits? First time for me. I thinks it's good cuz u can claim money back and get a big rebate every year.
Your mates are right, job is easy but some takes over 2 hrs, Im on copper provision, I like the job, it is just the way Quinns want you to do it, I use to always ask for more work but they never have it and if they do, the locations are crazy, I was in Newbury once, lost a few jobs, asked for more and they asked me to go to Bath!Im not sure if Quinns does any managing install.you do get nice days with nice jobs but you get **** ones more often, today I had 5 and completed 4, lost one cancelled by customer, so 7 so far this week, tried to phone them for more but it is waste of time, they never answer the phone! So far I've been involved in 3 different patch, 3 different openreach coach and only one is good and helpful, the other 2 are bad, they hardly help you.
My experience with Quinns is that you are just a spare number on their list, I've been contracting for over 2years now and I can tell you that Quinns so far is the worst, when you do your training, induction etc. I bet they wont mention about jobs disappearing from your tablet overnight and Npu's ( this one is a Joke) , even an Openreach coach said to me that £10 is Pathetic, and that Quinns definitely get paid for it. Good luck and hope your experience with Quinns be the best.
Ukjay is offline   Reply With Quote