View Single Post
Old 26-05-2013, 18:37   #154
stevetoonfan
Inactive

stevetoonfan is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: mj Quinn bt openreach engineers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulieboy View Post
I am currently working for MJ Quinns and it is a joke.
When on training course in March we were all assured by the HR Manager Jamie that we were picked because engineers were needed in our local areas.
I was also assured that I would be able to drop and pick up my son from childcare every day (7:30am and 6:30pm).
When we arrived at our induction in Liverpool four of the lads from Middlesbrough were given West Yorkshire as their patch!!!! Diesel alone uses up any wages made and bear in mind it's 2 weeks in hand!
Myself, I was buddied up for 5 weeks as someone smashed into my van. I then got the van back and was expected to travel 2 hours to my 1st job and be on site by 8am. I was given one morning appointment and 5 afternoon appointments. How can you do this and get back for childcare? Totally annoyed as I don't like being lied to. Why waste my time?
Also, never got paid out of area allowance. Watch them, they're a dodgy company.
After the van incident they've changed the policy so that YOU are liable for the 1st £1,000 excess. Park safely lads!!!!

---------- Post added at 12:08 ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 ----------

Wish I'd read your posts....experienced it all and now told them to stick it. Have now told engineers that they're liable for 1st £1,000 excess on any van damage after mine was smashed into whilst on the job!!!
I started last year and i was made aware of this from day one, but just like on any insurance policy there is an excess charge weather it be £50 or £5000 if its your fault you pay, if it is someone else's fault you go straight to their insurer then you don't need to pay an excess. also i understand people getting ****ed off if they were lied to but all i can say is i must be one of the lucky ones as ive never had any problems up to now, touch wood.
stevetoonfan is offline   Reply With Quote