View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010, 05:14   #217
grabbi
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media VIP, 42", DVD Rec, Xbox, PS2, 360, FreeSat.
grabbi has much to be proud ofgrabbi has much to be proud ofgrabbi has much to be proud ofgrabbi has much to be proud ofgrabbi has much to be proud ofgrabbi has much to be proud ofgrabbi has much to be proud ofgrabbi has much to be proud ofgrabbi has much to be proud ofgrabbi has much to be proud of
Re: [GUIDE] Dir-615 to dd-wrt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjpartyboy View Post
Some firmware can't handle the same ports being used for multiple devices, e.g. two 360s connected to Live at the same time, in which case one will have an open NAT and the other will be strict or moderate. This is assuming auto IP allocation and UPnP are enabled. Port forwarding won't work in this situation because you can only manually open the ports to one device at a time.

With DD-WRT I have set up two static leases for my 360s and then make use of the firmware's UPnP feature. One 360 gets access to the actual ports and the other gets access to different ports that somehow map to Live allowing me to get an open NAT on both 360s at the same time. I can't remember the technical details of how this works though.

This article might help further:

http://www.unofficialguidetolive.co....net-connection
That really is a fantastic reply. I've always suffered a Moderate NAT on one console if both are in a game, however recently, we've only been using one console, and the other has just gathered dust.

Currently, my problem is that Xbox Live has an Open NAT, but Black Ops shows as Moderate. Treyarch are blaming the ISP for this. The router has all the correct ports open and uPnP set.

I would like to have both consoles set to Open when we DO play online, so giving this a whirl might be worth it after all.
grabbi is offline   Reply With Quote