View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 15:45   #205
rocklobster
Inactive

rocklobster is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: [GUIDE] Dir-615 to dd-wrt

Hi all,

I've been running various versions of dd-wrt on my 615 for a month or so now, and while I like the control it gives, I just find it unstable :-(

iplayer appears to be a common thing to kill it. Last night it rebooted several times for no obvious reason. Also, it seems to have much worse performance via wireless.

I'm trying build 15506 for now, and will see how it goes but if it's no better I'd like to stick the dlink firmware (4.11?) or even the VM fw back on it - the reason I originally went down the dd-wrt route was for some diag work I was doing. No real need for it now (particularly as it seems unreliable). I see some people suggest a nightly reboot etc - that's not really an option (and wasn't ever needed before).

So, I've tried the VM image from dlink that was linked to from this thread, and I've tried the latest D build from dlink (4.11). Neither will load both say it's not a valid image for this router or something similar. I've tried installing by holding down reset while powering it on and then using the recovery interface - no joy.

Am I missing something here? Do I have to binary edit the file to get it to load?

Any clues on how the hell I revert this to the stock firmware!? I can find plenty of guides for sticking dd-wrt onto the thing, but not a lot for someone wanting to move back...
rocklobster is offline   Reply With Quote