View Single Post
Old 18-05-2010, 10:39   #61
mjpartyboy
Inactive

mjpartyboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: [GUIDE] Dir-615 to dd-wrt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
I have managed to flash it to the 2nd firmware, can access the gui fine.

However when I have the cable modem plugged into it, it does not pickup the wan ip and I have no internet access. I plug the cable modem back into the pc and the pc picks up the wan ip fine.

In the setup page I have the wan config set to automatic dhcp configuration which the help slider on the right says is correct for cable isp's.

any ideas?

---------- Post added at 05:16 ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 ----------

Ok I got the net working, I had to clone my pc mac on the router.
I've never had this problem with DD-WRT.

I always unplug the power from the modem when updating the router's firmware, then once that's done I power up the modem and let it settle down before powering up the router. It will then grant the router's MAC address a new IP, which will be different to the IP the modem issues to your PC's MAC address. I'm guessing you haven't unplugged the modem, which explains why cloning your PC's MAC is working with the router.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis View Post
If I upgrade to this 14311 version do I just upgrade as normal or do I need to reset all my settings first?
The DD-WRT forums always recommend doing a 30/30/30 reset before and after updating the firmware. This will wipe all settings and restore the firmware to default settings.
mjpartyboy is offline   Reply With Quote