View Single Post
Old 21-10-2021, 21:25   #15
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Colin Powell: Former US secretary of state dies of Covid complications

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
That is true, because there was no peace plan. Kicking the Ba'athists out of work wasn’t the best of ideas either.

The war was successful. The resulting occupation was a disaster.
Given that the point of the war was to occupy Iraq and change its system of government, your statement contradicts itself.

The war could only be said to be successful on the artificially narrow criterion of removing Saddam. My geography A level was successful on the very narrow criterion of turning up and getting a grade. However neither adventure was successful as soon as the very reasonable demand for more than short term benefits is considered. My geography A level didn’t get me my chosen degree course. The war in Iraq didn’t achieve the reasonable expectation of any war, which is that the situation afterwards should be better than the situation before.

Last edited by Chris; 21-10-2021 at 21:28.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote