View Single Post
Old 03-01-2022, 23:00   #7
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: From virgin to Freesat, using existing cable box...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Nynex was one of the old regional cablecos. It had a network in northwest England, and eventually became part of Cable & Wireless, then NTL, and now Virgin Media.

Those of us who hang around here a lot understand that you can’t decode signals from cable TV using a Freesat or a Freeview box, but not everyone does. That’s why people come on and ask questions, and that’s why we’re happy to answer them.
I'm well aware of the situation you outline in th 2nd paragraph, I've seen it a lot myself. I'd guessed Nynex might be an old cableco but I didn't want to assume. My cableco knowledge started when Cable came to my area, but is mostly from the time at the tail end of the consolidating when there were around 5-7 left.

Appreciate answer
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote