View Single Post
Old 15-08-2021, 17:49   #1
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
ITV in battle to keep the COM4 Freeview multiplex license

​According to a tweet from @ukdtt today on Twitter, ITV is in a bit of a battle to keep the COM4 operating license on Freeview. There are other interested parties.

The tweet links to an article behind a paywall apparently, so I'll see if I can get more information elsewhere.

---------- Post added at 17:49 ---------- Previous post was at 16:27 ----------

​Further to the above, the article apparently says there's a consortium interested, but doesn't mention any of the members of said consortium.

At this stage in Digital Terrestrial TV's life you've got to wonder what they wonder what the appeal is at this stage, but I've never seen the numbers, maybe ITV make a mint from it? It could just be a solid reliable return, which can be an attraction in itself for investors.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote