View Single Post
Old 19-11-2020, 10:59   #4
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Major changes proposed in new Freeview consultation

​I've have a quick read through the consultation document (available on a link on the page I linked to above). It's very repetitive, though there are interesting details.

"Channel List Management (CLM) is a new feature that has been enabled in certain new Freeview Play product ranges in 2020. We expect all newly introduced Freeview Play devices will add support for this functionality."

My initial take. CLM enables many of the proposed changes, so most Freeview viewers will not notice much difference, even those with existing Freeview Play-branded equipment. They don't mention existing equipment being enabled by software updates, not even existing Freeview Play-branded devices, so the likes of HD swap will likely only happen for those with new equipment.

Basically we're not going to magically have a significant new platform overnight.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote