View Single Post
Old 16-07-2019, 08:01   #38
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Movie news, trivia and other snippets

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
My bad and misinterpretation. For me James Bond and 007 are synonymous with one another.

A link to the article if anyone is interested

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...a-lynch-report
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I agree with you there, but being a 00 agent status can always be passed to other agents, whether it's 006 or any other.
Yeah, it's not a big deal. She is '007' - probably not for long - but Bond is still Bond. If anything it makes it less likely they'll recast the next Bond as a woman since it establishes a precedent where Bond still exists outside of the 007 number. (One of the theories into how you get a female Bond is that 'James Bond' is itself a codename applied to whoever is 007).

People are making too big a deal of it. Either to manufacture outrage at 'PC culture' or to say it heralds a dramatic change in having a black woman as 007. In reality, she'll probably be 'fridged' early on to provide Bond with a plot point and thus continuing the Bond franchise's dodgy history with female characters.

Last edited by Damien; 16-07-2019 at 08:06.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote