View Single Post
Old 07-07-2010, 21:20   #112
simporis
Inactive

simporis is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: [GUIDE] Dir-615 to dd-wrt

Thanks. how do I then get the ddrw router to talk to the belkin router? I assume I connect to the ddrw network?

---------- Post added at 20:34 ---------- Previous post was at 19:16 ----------

Thanks for giving me those settings. I've entered them and i'm not sure what i need to do now to get the bridge up and running. I can still happily connect to the original wifi network, and the ddwrt network has dissapeared in the 'connect to a network' window, which suggests to me that the 2 networks have 'merged'. The front of my ddwrt router has green power light and green wifi light, but the internet light (a little earth shaped light) is dark.
Does this mean that the bridge is working invisibly?
Also, how do i set some security on it, as i do a bit of internet banking? I still have 64bit WEP on the primary belkin router

---------- Post added at 21:20 ---------- Previous post was at 20:34 ----------

hmm... now i'm thinking i've made this more complicated than it needs to be. internet seems to be a little faster after doing this (might just be wishfull thinking though) but i just tried wiring my xbox 360 to the ddwrt router, and it couldnt find a connection. what i would really like is for my laptop to connect to the ddwrt over wifi and connect my xbox 360 to ddwrt wired. but I would be happy, if it were simpler and better, to connect both the laptop and xbox wired to the ddwrt router. I' thinking that i dont actually want a repeater bridge in this case, but just a simple client bridge? (or have I completely fabricated that from my imagination?)
simporis is offline   Reply With Quote