Thread: General Changes to Virgin TV (2021)
View Single Post
Old 25-08-2021, 15:53   #1296
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
It will continue as normal for anyone with Sky:

https://twitter.com/cnnipr/status/1430531834237095937
I expect to see it disappear off FreeSat if it's joining the sub club as it'll be encrypted.

It's going to bite them in the behind, I don't get the impression people want to pay for TV news, news channels are all about maximising availability. I can't see all the likes of those hotels and airports wanting to pay, they'll just move to another channel, or not replace them at all.

I can see them having to reverse this move in a year or 2.

There are certainly some very passionate viewers on other forums and social media, one said they had it on in the background virtually all day and recorded shows on top of that. Several others have said they only subscribed to VM for CNN so will be moving.