View Single Post
Old 11-08-2022, 10:35   #875
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: The energy crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
Still waiting for the list of massive profits that the UK domestic energy SUPPLIERS are making.
New supplies of gas? There's a worldwide shortage. That is the reason for high prices. Although I do wonder that if there are shortages, who is going without?

How exactly do city bonuses fuel inflation? They are taxed anyway. At least they are generating the income to pay those bonuses.

Germany is looking at a 20% reduction in gas usage, AND a 20% reduction in gas going through their pipelines to other countries, and even then, they are having to look at the priority of which industries might have to shut down.
I think you have quoted the wrong post, did you mean to quote jfman's?

---------- Post added at 10:35 ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaddy View Post
I wonder how small businesses will cope, they don't have a cap and whilst everyone naturally thinks of industry I heard a corner shop owner from Glasgow saying his electric bill was now 56k per year, how can businesses like that reasonably be expected to pass that on to customers
I think we'll see many shops and hospitality outlets having to reduce their hours and some handing back the keys. And still the Conservative Party leader challengers are against onshore wind turbines.

Quote:
Landlady gives up pub as quarterly energy bills near £30,000

A village pub landlady has decided to give up her business after her energy bills hit nearly £30,000 a quarter.

Miranda Richardson said she would leave the Live and Let Live pub in Harpole, Northampton, after her gas bill hit more than £7,700, and her electricity bill was "just shy of £20,000".

She is one of many grappling with the rising costs of running businesses at a time when people are watching budgets.

Unlike households, firms are not protected by an energy price cap.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-61743920

Last edited by 1andrew1; 11-08-2022 at 10:53.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote