View Single Post
Old 12-07-2023, 22:17   #33
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
Re: End of the road for the Ford Fiesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I think there are too many unknowns with a used electric car at the moment. The battery packs lose capacity just as they do in your phone. If the range of an electric car was only marginally acceptable when it was new 3 years ago then it might not be now.
Eight year warranty on both mine & my wife’s cars and yes there’s an acceptable loss built into that.

But, more importantly is how it’s been charged. Audi for example recommend that for daily usage the battery should be charged to 80% and no more which gives approx 270 miles of range currently and in winter about 220 miles. Only charging to 100% when going on long journeys

They then also recommend to use rapid DC chargers as infrequently as possible so both my wife and my car charge off our 7kw home AC home charger.

So the second hand EBV I would not be buying is an ex fleet/lease/PCP which has been charged almost exclusively on fast or ultrafast DC chargers as the owners don’t need to care about battery preservation