View Single Post
Old 16-05-2022, 20:27   #1296
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads
Re: Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
The broadband rollout should be finished by then! Where do you think the terrestrials will go if broadcast frequencies are no longer available?
If the terrestrials go IPTV, you can bet your life that Sky won’t continue to offer TV channels as they exist now.

I can’t see Sky keeping their satellite system going forever. It must be far cheaper to use IPTV than keep paying for all that transponder space for a start.

---------- Post added at 19:21 ---------- Previous post was at 19:16 ----------

Chris, you and others have been poo-pooing the idea of streaming becoming the most favoured means of access to content and eventually taking over altogether for many years. You even said at one stage that we didn’t have sufficient electricity supplies to provide large scale on demand programming.

It’s not going to happen today or tomorrow, but it will happen, and it’s the government’s intention that the whole country will be broadband connected over the next few years.
OB dear chap i used to work in the industry until a few months back and i'm still very much in touch with old collegues. Terrestial tv will be moved to satellite eventually it will not go to online only not in our lifetime anyway.
FTTP is a very slow progress and you have to take into account isolated homes too less than 31% of the UK has access to fftp, i live in a big city and they've only just finished laying it down here via city fibre, we are a very long way from the uk being ready for all tv to go online.
Just because itv are launching a new and improved online service doesn't mean they are going online only, they are simply increasing their revenue channels.