View Single Post
Old 16-05-2022, 17:49   #1293
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads
Re: Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
My point being that the most new content is heading for the streamers. People will not continue to pay for hundreds of channels that do not screen the programmes they want to watch.

Yes, Sky are now streaming on multiple platforms, and it's only a matter of time before satellite TV in this country ceases to exist.

The reason I am of the view that TV channels will cease to exist by 2035 is that nobody will be making programmes available to them, so they will be reliant on their own material. When you say 'complementary' channels, I have to say that I am not yet aware of any plans for a Netflix channel, a Disney channel, an Apple channel, etc. We will get a few FAST channels, at least in the early days but I most certainly wouldn't watch them!

Even ITV is setting up their more advanced streamer site, ITVX, which will encourage people to switch to streaming because their whole series of their original dramas will be on there first. This is much more ambitious than the ITV Hub and it is a further demonstration that broadcasters are anxious to embrace the technology and phase out the old. It makes commercial sense too, because viewers who do not wish to pay a subscription will not be able to fast forward through the adverts. Advertisers will pay more for that and ultimately will steer away from the broadcast channels.
Satellite ain't going anywhere OB dear chap, terrestial on the otherhand will cease in time as mobile bandwidth takes more frequencies.
Satellite will remain in place for many many years as the uk simply does not have the infrastructure for everyone to go online tv only, and it will take a very long time and a huge cost for that to happen.
However we may see the expansion of satellite broadband and the likes of starlink but again those occure huge costs for example starlink is over £650 to get started and then £89p/m afterwards.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot 2022-05-16 at 17-48-08 Starlink.png (12.1 KB, 14 views)