View Single Post
Old 16-05-2022, 16:51   #1291
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post

Where anyone else gets them I presume?

Sky already stream on not one but THREE platforms now, OB. Four if you include Sky Go but I don’t believe it can be purchased standalone.

Your persistence in viewing the television market through the perverse lens of competing, as opposed to complementary technologies continues to mean you reach the wrong conclusions.

As you will see I’ve linked in the other thread to satellite manufacturers are investing in building the next generation of satellites that will serve Europe to 2040 and beyond.
My point being that the most new content is heading for the streamers. People will not continue to pay for hundreds of channels that do not screen the programmes they want to watch.

Yes, Sky are now streaming on multiple platforms, and it's only a matter of time before satellite TV in this country ceases to exist.

The reason I am of the view that TV channels will cease to exist by 2035 is that nobody will be making programmes available to them, so they will be reliant on their own material. When you say 'complementary' channels, I have to say that I am not yet aware of any plans for a Netflix channel, a Disney channel, an Apple channel, etc. We will get a few FAST channels, at least in the early days but I most certainly wouldn't watch them!

Even ITV is setting up their more advanced streamer site, ITVX, which will encourage people to switch to streaming because their whole series of their original dramas will be on there first. This is much more ambitious than the ITV Hub and it is a further demonstration that broadcasters are anxious to embrace the technology and phase out the old. It makes commercial sense too, because viewers who do not wish to pay a subscription will not be able to fast forward through the adverts. Advertisers will pay more for that and ultimately will steer away from the broadcast channels.

Last edited by OLD BOY; 16-05-2022 at 16:55.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote