View Single Post
Old 03-01-2022, 18:58   #4
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: From virgin to Freesat, using existing cable box...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Can I ask why you think the nynex box should be part of the equation?

I've not heard of it, and I've had Cable for a very long time now.

Freesat basically is like other Digital TV, you connect a tuner to a receiver, in that case a satellite dish to a box via a cable.

How bad is the indoor aerial reception for Freeview? Only one of my Freeview screens uses an indoor aeriel and it's very good reception where I live.
Nynex was one of the old regional cablecos. It had a network in northwest England, and eventually became part of Cable & Wireless, then NTL, and now Virgin Media.

Those of us who hang around here a lot understand that you can’t decode signals from cable TV using a Freesat or a Freeview box, but not everyone does. That’s why people come on and ask questions, and that’s why we’re happy to answer them.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote