View Single Post
Old 29-12-2021, 23:40   #58
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: E10 petrol - the pitfalls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
I wouldn't be able to use E10, my car needs premium petrol.
is that true for all Rolls-Royces?

---------- Post added at 22:40 ---------- Previous post was at 22:37 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
Our young neighbours got caught by track and trace, then positive PCR tests, so had a 3-week rollercoaster ride at home with covid-19.

At the beginning of last week, now recovered, the husband asked to borrow my battery charger as both their cars refused to start, and the batteries went flat.

2 days later, the cars would still not start, so he recharged the batteries once more and got a mechanic to have a look.

He found that the E10 fuel in both had undergone phase separation and had absorbed water, so he drained the petrol tanks, flushed the fuel systems and added new fuel.

Perfect starts for both cars.

The mechanic told them that this was a growing problem, especially when cars were being left unused due to illness or WFH.
I don't use my car much so am sticking to E5 for this reason. If I holidayed by car then I would be tempted to use E10 for the holiday but most of the time the car just sits there.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote