Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2021, 22:23   #60
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
unfortunately I do not believe that is true. The vaccine as has been said slows the spread and stops most people getting seriously ill. We do agree on that I assume?
Prevents serious illness, yes. Slows transmission……well does it? By how much? The government have been very sure to advise us that vaccinated people can still catch and transmit the virus.

Quote:
Those who are not vaccinated will carry the virus for a longer period of time and giving it more of a chance to mutate.
Why will they carry it for longer?

Quote:
SA for example has a 42% vaccination rate and that is now so dunno what it was pre the new variant and look what spawned there.
What appears to be fairly high (I don’t have any data) transmissible strain, that results in a “mild” infection.

Quote:
As far as I am aware the more people vaccinated the less chance of mutations
Again, I would have agreed but all I’ve been told by U.K. Gov and by pundits on the tv is that the vaccines are very good at preventing serious illness but you can still catch and transmit.

Quote:
and it only takes one to be as bad as delta dodge the vaccines and kill more and a lot of us will be stuffed then
According to the vaccine manufacturer’s it’s unlikely a strain will evolve that can’t edit a vaccine for.

---------- Post added at 22:23 ---------- Previous post was at 22:22 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nffc View Post
and being totally brutal you have a choice to avoid those
I won’t be avoiding them, and nor will many many people, therefore they remain a transmission hotbed, but not as bad as shops.