Thread: Climate Change
View Single Post
Old 26-06-2021, 10:55   #40
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
Re: Climate Change - sea level rises.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
No need to be too concerned about the warming, then! We'll have to start burning more fossil fuels to warm the planet up again...

---------- Post added at 10:25 ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 ----------

The Maldives were meant to be under water by now, weren't they?
I don't think that you can use the Maldives to try to back up some peoples dismissal of rising sea levels.

They have always been under threat.

There's is very comprehensive 2021 article by The Earth Observatory (nasa can hardly be described as Climate crisis idiots) and you will see what is happening in the Maldives to try to ensure their survival.
Quote:
snippet ..With more than 80 percent of its 1,190 coral islands standing less than 1 meter above sea level, the Maldives has the lowest terrain of any country in the world. This makes the archipelago in the Indian Ocean particularly vulnerable to sea level rise.
Quote:
snippet ...While the Maldives government has explored plans to purchase land on higher ground in other countries as an insurance policy against sea level rise, planners are also working to enhance the resilience of the country’s current islands. One example is Hulhumalé, a newly constructed artificial island northeast of the capital, Malé.
https://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/im...n-the-maldives