View Single Post
Old 04-11-2021, 10:39   #24
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
Re: Owen Paterson: Anger as Tory MP avoids suspension in rule shake-up

As I read it the suspension was of long enough duration that he could face deselection so a right to appeal the findings is needed before serving a sentence like that.
If the appeal fails then sentence should stand.
The whole system needs to be made much clearer but with proper checks in place and a clear appeals system that may kick in earlier if the punishment meted could have longer consequences that desired.
Plus parliamentary suspension should be the least of worries for those found guilty of corruption and the like, but all should be done in a calm and proper way, no witch hunts or whitewashing. And I'm sure that not all MP's simply voted along party lines but I'd hope many would thoughtfully consider all the implications of votes which is not something the great public always do.