Thread: Sky Hd
View Single Post
Old 24-04-2006, 16:35   #6
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Sky Hd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart C
And, I don't think HD Freeview will be around for a good few years. Last I heard, the BBC were saying they may need to wait until the Analogue transmissions are switched off.
I heard that too. There isn't enough bandwidth on Freeview for HD. They will need some extra frequencies to work with, or else some channels will have to go.

I expect this will be a rude surprise for the Government. I bet they were thinking they could just sell off the analogue frequencies once they are no longer being used. I wonder if anyone has explained to them that if they want the UK to have an up-to-date TV service they are going to have to turn the analogue frequencies over to Freeview to use for HD services?
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote