Thread: Streaming Reacher
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2022, 10:36   #35
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Reacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
whinges over the Mandalorian when they failed to waste an episode showing his ship getting fixed.
it wasn't that they didn't spend an entire episode showing it getting fixed, it is that they didn't show it getting fixed at all when it it literally crashed into a planet and they through several floors of ice caves or whatever it was the ship was in pieces. They can spend half an episode showing him rebuilding a nabboo star fighter but they can't make a dialogue reference or 60 second showing his ship in a work shop/yard being repaired?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
but he creamed over Dune
absolutely flipping brilliant

Here's another good one for you. Last year I was flicking through the channels while I was having lunch one day and an episode of MacGyver had just started. It started off with him and his friend being trapped in something like a cargo container and they were sitting there gently rocking backwards and forwards. The scene then changed and they cut to an external view of the container being in something like a hurricane or tornado being carried over a great distance and constantly rolling over on the ground. It then cut back to MacGyver and him gently rocking backwards and forwards talking and then the outside shot again and it went back and forth for about 5 minutes. I laughed my ass off.

I don't sit there with a check list picking through episodes. They choose what to show and tell us in the stories and when something happens I can think "oh wow, that's cool, that would actually happen like that (in the case of the amazing physics in The Expanse) or in the case of MacGyver, what a joke. It was like a constant contradiction and was as if they thought the audience were stupid. It didn't make sense at all.

I'll have one last nit pick at Bobba Fett. How many times does he have to be challenged or attacked before he takes actions. He keeps backing down, letting assassins go, giving appeasement gestures, "talking", not asserting his authority when required and behaving like a complete pansy. "If you guys won't stand up for your planet and territory don't worry, sit there and do nothing and I will do it for you.................but I probably won't and I am going to get the Mandalorian to do it instead........watch this space."
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote