View Single Post
Old 26-11-2006, 11:45   #18
AndyCambs
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Broadband XL Virgin Mobile V+ installed! and a happy Virgin Media customer
AndyCambs has reached the bronze age
AndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze age
Re: free virgin mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hector's House View Post
I was really considering going for this offer but unfortunately the virgin's signal is almost nonexistant in my area
Strange - I'm in Peterborough, and currently have Orange network, and also have taken out the Virgin/NTL:Telewest offer, so I have the two phones on the go at the moment (pending a Port Code in case anyone wonders...).
I have absolutely no problems with the Virgin network in Peterborough area.
The only place I do find I have a problem is en route from London King's Cross to Peterborough - the signal is flaky just after Stevenage. Both Orange and Virgin have a signal loss just by Alconbury.

Although the contract is 12months, I believe I was told you could cancel after only three months. It's worth then trying it to see what the signal is in real life. It's certainly a good offer.

If you do take it out - check your account online that
  1. Direct Debit has been set up correctly - I chased twice over this
  2. The correct 300/300 tariff has been applied - they're prone to leaving it as the PAYG tariff for a start.
The Lobster 575 phone is a bit naff. I paid the £20 to have my Orange phone unlocked, and will simply change the SIM cards over when the Port code has been given and actioned.
AndyCambs is offline   Reply With Quote