View Single Post
Old 02-12-2022, 10:40   #1772
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: The energy crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetiepooh View Post
It seems daft to me that the country gets left with the bill (and ultimately the citizens) if energy companies go bust. Certainly the supply needs to be maintained but it should be treated similarly to any other company going broke. If you are owed money then you join the line of creditors and wait your turn. If you owe money then the administrators will work out payment.
I mean if you took the risk of low bills with some company you should accept the risk and not just the benefits. Those who chose to pay more to a "stable" supplier should now not have to cover the costs of those who didn't and maybe even benefit from smaller price rises.
I think it's keeping the supply going that means the state has to intervene. The trouble is that regulation was too light-touch enabling lots of poorly-backed companies to set up.
In the case of Bulb, the company became too big to fail as no companies wanted to take on its customers.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote