Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 17-01-2023, 13:41   #2395
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetiepooh View Post
I used to work for the NHS first in Chem Path and then IT. I saw and experienced some of the inefficiencies though to be fair when you are dealing with very large organisations some of those are needed to allow for proper governance.
I needed to buy a new PC and it took a lot of work to get the unit that did what I needed to. The standard PC would have been more expensive and less powerful.
But that’s been the default in most large organisations (well, the ones I’ve worked in) - standard IT equipment/builds are simpler and easier to maintain (so it would be more inefficient if a large amount of non-standard builds were available by default).

We got round that issue by having a number of standard builds (general office work, IT developers, marketing, etc.) - I know this is how it currently works in NHS Digital, as I have a couple of ex-colleagues who work there.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote