View Single Post
Old 19-11-2022, 21:45   #7408
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Re: Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Credit card companies. They can debit your account in a second, but a credit takes several days to apply...
I have paypal 3K credit. I use it when there is interest free offers on stuff but they are so slow to make adjustments on figures when you pay. They do scheduled payments so instead of you just clicking pay now and it doing a bank transfer it does it later that day or even the next day they takes days to update the account

---------- Post added at 20:45 ---------- Previous post was at 20:33 ----------

The paypal thing brings another pet hate of mine and that is credit in general

About 8 years ago now I got into a lot of financial trouble due to credit companies giving me access to way more credit than I could ever pay back and a breakdown that led me to just spend spend spend as a form of comfort. I got into 16K total debt. I took out an IVA and paid £105 per month which was literally all I had spare on a tight tight budget for 5 years and they then writ off the remaining £10k.

Within a month of me taking out the IVA I was approached in town by a Capital One credit card salesperson. She was really quite pretty so I spoke to her and told her I had no chance of being accepted. She said "I accept that challenge". I asked if she was on commission and if she got paid on a failed application and she said yes so I said consider this me buying you a drink and filled out the forms. They gave me the card with £500 credit even though I was in 16K of bad debt

5 years passed and the IVA was satisfied another year passed and it was no longer on my credit file. Since then I have taken out 3 credit cards(all had bonus sign up offers giving me Amazon vouchers and the like) Paypal credit, AO finance (had to buy a fridge freezer) and a Very catalogue account. Total possible credit somewhere around 10K. Maddest part of all the Very is one of the creditors on my IVA with a written off debt of around £2k yet they still gave me another account with the same amount of credit limit

I have learnt my lesson and will not ever get in trouble like that again. I budget strictly and only spend what I can afford but with my history and how things are in general it should be illegal for credit companies to give more credit than a person can possibly repay. All the credit agencies do searches and all the searches know your employment status and income so there is no excuse for them not to know