View Single Post
Old 17-05-2013, 20:55   #149
stevetoonfan
Inactive

stevetoonfan is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: mj Quinn bt openreach engineers

12 years experience!! what a load of tosh, ive never known a DP being over a mile away!!!!!!!! i haven't even 12 months experience yet and its no where near as hard as your making out, fair enough I don't go into the UG network and only work on provides which is probably the easiest job on the BT NETWORK, but give me the tooling/laptop/plans that the openreach engineers have and I bet within 12days I can do the job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pole_Dancer View Post
This is the biggest load of bull I've ever heard! You must either work for Quinns or that joke of a training company based in a freezing cow shed in the middle of nowhere, somewhere outside of Coventry?
Take it from me and I'm EX-BT with over 12 year experience as lines man! If you have no experience doing this job then you will be buddying another guy for over a month while not getting paid a penny and it will be costing hundreds pounds in fuel. Also the person you follow will not have time to show you what to do and hold your hand while he struggles to make a living. I've had ppl with no experience buddying up with me and you don't have the time to show them the ropes.
The agencies tell you it's only from the pole to the house but this is a lie because it's everything and more. Fault finding, swapping out pairs, pair proved to the DP but the customer is over a mile from the DP, Unable to get pair to DP but BT want you to do the fit for £10 and that could take 2 hours or more, 1 Openreach coach for 40 engineers, jobs disappear off your tab before you complete the job, 1 platform to cover whole area etc etc.
stevetoonfan is offline   Reply With Quote