View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 13:01   #148
sweaty
Inactive

Services: SKY/BTBB/BTV
sweaty is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: mj Quinn bt openreach engineers

Can't believe another company is almost outdoing Kelly's as the worst Telco company to deal with. As an ex-bt man is makes me sick to see all the contracts going to these companies. Standards will drop, faults will rise. My ex-workmates are sick of clearing up the mess left by contractors. Simple dropwire work maybe but opening the network to them is like opening a can of worms!! BT or openreach will never learn!!

---------- Post added at 13:01 ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rospico View Post
I was in for the 18th but not bothering, too many unknowns and what i have heard does not fill me with any confidence that in 3 weeks time I will not be jobless and out of pocket. Sent email to agency and Quinns a week ago and yet I still get a call this week about sorting out my course even though i have not returned any paperwork. I am out of pocket by £25(single ticket to liverpool)and that's enough for me. When I worked for BT I used to come across contractors sleeping in exchanges (not allowed) now i understand why. poor guys were trying make the the job worth it pay wise. believe me there is no way i would sleep in any exchange. Also the BT network in many areas is old and a mess. so you could quite easily spend a whole day on one job and not have anything to show for it at the end of the day. good luck and if you do go for it let us know how you get on for sure.
I worked on the night shift completing LLU work, paid per hour, not per job. This ensured quality was good. Used to see loads of contractors sleeping in old redundant rooms at exchanges. The OBASS system let them in. The bigger exchanges were popular as some had old first aid rooms, complete with beds etc. They don't actually have on site security so your not disturbed. You could probably live in there for months without being found. Fully equipped kitchen, showers, rest room all rent free!!
sweaty is offline   Reply With Quote