View Single Post
Old 07-05-2022, 19:51   #1551
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Police to get tough on internet trolls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Indeed. This bill aims to protect people (particularly vulnerable groups) from inappropriate behaviour by others.

As an example, take a look at this thread:

https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...5#post36121345

Hugh disagreed with my statement that Virgin are again the most complained about company as he believed that it was only partially correct.

He did it in a polite and reasonable manner, so his right to disagree with my statement wouldn't be affected by the new legislation.

Disagreeing with someone else's point of view (as long as it's done in a right manner, with consideration and in a holistic manner) isn't inappropriate behaviour.

Disagreeing with someone's assertion that green is the best colour is fine, but taking the mickey out of them for spelling it wrong when they have declared that they have dyslexia isn't. Disagreeing with everything that they say as a form of harrassment in a gratuitously nasty, snide, sarcastic way (in the same way as has been done countless times) isn't. Mocking someone known to have dementia who says the same thing twice in error isn't.
That happens all the time on this forum, but we have all managed to survive it. That doesn’t make it right, but it does give us an insight on who we are dealing with.

This is nothing more than a woke attempt to exclude people and I am disappointed that the Conservative government is actually taking this woke nonsense seriously.

---------- Post added at 19:49 ---------- Previous post was at 19:35 ----------

Maybe we should have a list of all those with a disability that leads to hurt, misinterpretation and OTT reactions. Then we could just put them all on ‘ignore’ and everyone would be happy.

---------- Post added at 19:51 ---------- Previous post was at 19:49 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Who are "the wokes"?
Well, if you don’t know by now, Hugh, I really wouldn’t worry about it (pat, pat).