View Single Post
Old 08-05-2022, 13:49   #14
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Northern Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
We're talking about the Catholic vote, therefore any %age figure has to be more than doubled. IE 10% = more than 20%, 29% = more than 58%.
Then people don't necessarily vote for the party they support but for the party that might have more success or to keep another party out. Eg if the NI had another vote UUP voters might switch to DUP.
The Catholics would've vote SDLP instead because:-
Link
Terrorism isn't so much about a particular attack, but the threat of further attacks. If there was to be no threat of further attacks, then any demands could be ignored. As such, threats from Sinn Fein about violence if they(ie the IRA) don't get their way should be treated as a terrorist threat. Where else is that violence expected to come from?
This post is such a crock of baseless assumptions and non sequiturs it’s genuinely hard to know where to start.

1. Your psephology is pure nonsense. I’m not accepting a word you say about %age support without a link to some credible evidence backing it up. All you’re doing is multiplying random numbers until they say what you want them to.

2. The Sinn Feinn-IRA link is extremely old news. What actually is your point here? It’s as if I’m arguing with someone who’s phoning in from 1980. It is an established fact of history that doesn’t add to your argument at all.

3. Please link to a credible source reporting a Sinn Feinn threat to resort to violence. I bet you can’t.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote