View Single Post
Old 26-10-2021, 21:44   #44
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Re: Catholic Church admits Bible is BS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Your organisation is just one of a plethora of Unitarian sects that were spawned in the 19th century (a great many of them in the USA, which to this day is particularly good at producing end-of-the-world cults). As one of the better organised and funded ones, the Watchtower Society happens to have outlived most of the rest. But it’s still just another 19th century millennialist sect.

I’m glad you look after your own in the Watchtower, but as Jesus said, even evil people know how to give good gifts to their own children. Looking after your own doesn’t really prove anything.

I’m really not going to get into Watchtower propaganda about church history and Bible translation - you don’t really own the research yourself because they don’t allow you to do any beyond the material they approve of, so to be honest there’s no basis for an open discussion here. Suffice it to say that I’ll never ask you to own, or defend, any Watchtower behaviour except that which you say you approve of. And I’ll never feel obliged to defend anything in church history except that which I find to be in accordance with Scripture. I suspect that gives me a rather easier task than you, because the Watchtower does still seem to think it is inerrant, whereas even the Roman Catholic Church (of which I am not a member) tries not to press that line too hard these days.

Incidentally, I’m a minister of a Baptist church. Baptists are the oldest non-conformist denomination in the UK (the conformist denominations being the official ones, namely the Church of England, which is episcopal in government, and the Church of Scotland, which is Presbyterian). Individual Baptist churches are independent of one another, though we tend to work together through national or regional associations.
Well at least you have faith which in these days is a rare thing and imo one of the main reasons the world is in the mess it is in. We both pray for the same kingdom the same God and a similar future so that is something