View Single Post
Old 26-10-2021, 21:39   #43
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Catholic Church admits Bible is BS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
Depends on if he is Catholic or not hahaha

---------- Post added at 20:53 ---------- Previous post was at 20:44 ----------

My point is you refuse to recognise my Christianity yet whether Catholic or Protestant are either following a religion that in all of its history have breached the teaching of the Christ and lets face it the Catholics have an incredibly brutal history (Spanish inquisition etc) or firstly developed by a King who wanted his cake and eat it (well oats anyway)

I am a Jehovah's Witness and as such preach the word of God continually in my neighbourhood something that Christ asked of his followers and told them to continue doing. After all for the end to come the word has to be preached everywhere. I do not vote I have no national allegiance but instead put my faith in the Kingdom we all pray for in the model Prayer laid out by the Christ who I according to you am not really worshipping. And at least we use one of the versions of Gods name the name your bible has likely removed 2000+ times

Have a good look at exactly what our organisation does for its brothers and sisters around the world and trust what ever organisation you are with will have its own issues and agendas
Your organisation is just one of a plethora of Unitarian sects that were spawned in the 19th century (a great many of them in the USA, which to this day is particularly good at producing end-of-the-world cults). As one of the better organised and funded ones, the Watchtower Society happens to have outlived most of the rest. But it’s still just another 19th century millennialist sect.

I’m glad you look after your own in the Watchtower, but as Jesus said, even evil people know how to give good gifts to their own children. Looking after your own doesn’t really prove anything.

I’m really not going to get into Watchtower propaganda about church history and Bible translation - you don’t really own the research yourself because they don’t allow you to do any beyond the material they approve of, so to be honest there’s no basis for an open discussion here. Suffice it to say that I’ll never ask you to own, or defend, any Watchtower behaviour except that which you say you approve of. And I’ll never feel obliged to defend anything in church history except that which I find to be in accordance with Scripture. I suspect that gives me a rather easier task than you, because the Watchtower does still seem to think it is inerrant, whereas even the Roman Catholic Church (of which I am not a member) tries not to press that line too hard these days.

Incidentally, I’m a minister of a Baptist church. Baptists are the oldest non-conformist denomination in the UK (the conformist denominations being the official ones, namely the Church of England, which is episcopal in government, and the Church of Scotland, which is Presbyterian). Individual Baptist churches are independent of one another, though we tend to work together through national or regional associations.