View Single Post
Old 26-10-2021, 19:28   #39
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Smile Re: Catholic Church admits Bible is BS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
That’s a pretty broad statement, and I’m not sure it accurately reflects Roman Catholic teaching. I’m pretty sure that when the Bible reports Jesus’ teaching his disciples to “love your neighbour as yourself” the Roman Catholic Church teaches that is absolutely to be taken literally (though with due regard for what the Greek word rendered “love” actually means - agapāo is not erotic or romantic in this sense). Protestant churches certainly do.

I think perhaps you’re referring to passages dealing with the most ancient ages of the world - ante-diluvian history, and whether it actually is history or to be taken as figurative.
Do you not see the irony though? The largest most dominant Christian religion in the world is one that was formed by the very people who nailed Jesus up and then decided to become Christian because they saw the way the world was changing so thought they best get some control. Then indoctrinating some of their Pagan festivals and beliefs, Merry Saturnalia in a couple of months . I am sure you with your theocratic back ground know all this though