View Single Post
Old 26-10-2021, 15:01   #16
Angua
10 yrs same company 😁

Services: ? BB, basic phone. Share of Disney+
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Angua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny starsAngua has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Internet dropping out and slower speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
In case you are thinking that is a bit too convenient, Spiderplant works for VM so he knows these things You can check your service status and that fault reference by signing into your account or clicking here:

https://my.virginmedia.com/faults/service-status

If you enter your postcode or get it to run a check it will display open tickets and the eta. Sometimes the eta's get bumped back but as long as there is an open ticket you have got the peace of mind they are working on it. If the problems persists when the ticket is closed then you need to ring them up and get someone out to look at it because T4 timeouts are indicative or a shub fault. They can send a tech out with a new shub and while he is there he will also check your power levels and your connection in the street cabinet and make sure everything is working as it should. I know I am jumping the gun but if you do end up needing one you can show him all the stuff we have discussed here regarding the rs errors, one upstream channel, the high upstream power and the T3 and T4 timeouts so he has got a complete picture of what the problem is.
Thanks I remember Spiderplant of old.
Angua is offline   Reply With Quote