View Single Post
Old 02-05-2023, 19:06   #8
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Re: WGA (writers) Strike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
US Late Night Shows will be the main effect, for now.

The Main US TV season wraps up in May, and they are all produced already.
Most of the shows set for the summer will also have been written and produced already.

Any effect on network shows is not likely to be seen until the new seasons are due (in Autumn).
If the strike lasts long enough, they may see a delay in production.

Streamers like Netflix/Amazon are also less likely to be affected as they produce shows well in advance of airing them.
They will have a backlog of shows already to show (and maybe they will slow down their release rate a little, esp Netflix).
If my memory serves me well ( it rarely does, but still) shows in the past have been cancelled and the reason offered was the strike.