View Single Post
Old 24-10-2021, 16:00   #922
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura
Re: Police to get tough on internet trolls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
That probably says more about you (and your beliefs) than you realise…

---------- Post added at 16:00 ---------- Previous post was at 15:59 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
I think it says that you think about people in simplified stereotypes, commenting adversely about others when you know nothing about them, their circumstances, and their motivations - I think you project your own biases onto others, and you think that anyone who doesn't agree with you or who negatively comments on things you've posted is bigoted against your disability, when often it has nothing to do with that, but with what you've posted, but your default position seems to be "you're bullying me because I'm disabled" (which is amusing considering your opinions/posts on other groups with "protected characteristics").

I think people harass & bully others on the internet because they are often cowards who hide behind a screen/keyboard (sometimes anonymously, but more often are happy to post using their real names), and so are disconnected (both emotionally & physically) from the person they are said to be harassing; often too, it is just an extension of their everyday behaviour, because they have no empathy for others, or lack the imagination to "put themselves in others' shoes", so have no realisation of the negative impact they could be causing, or even worse, don't care.

The challenge is that this is a very complex subject which people think has simple solutions - there isn't, and often trying to implement simple solutions that aren't fit for purpose just create more problems.

Anyway, back to you - what do you think are the reasons why people threaten others on social media/forums with lawyers?

Do you think this is bullying others on the internet?
And so say all of us

Vote #AnyoneButTory

Last edited by Russ; 24-10-2021 at 17:50.
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote