View Single Post
Old 06-04-2023, 21:09   #7
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Cap on buying yourself out of a Virgin contract to be scrapped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
When it was NTL I remember they only charged the equivalent of what you would have paid if you had downgraded all services to the minimum available.

I suspect that a lot of people will be 'moving' to a friend/relatives address outside of a Virgin area. If they're only renting a room there they won't have any evidence of bills being in their name, so a letter should suffice.

Even better if they know people who live abroad!

I think the only legal way they'd be able to check a person hadn't moved out would be when the electoral register is updated, so people would need to ensure that they opted to go onto the edited register that companies etc have no access to. I doubt they'd take it that far, but you never know with this money grabbing company these days.

In any case, if nobody returns the annual canvass form to update the electoral register at a property, they tend to leave the existing occupants on the register for 2 or 3 years. This means that some people are on the register twice, but can only legally vote once*

* Some students are allowed to vote twice at certain elections for their home & term time address.
Probably not…

Quote:
If you’re moving outside our network area but still within the UK and give us some valid evidence of your new address, we’ll credit you back the early disconnection fee. When submitting your disconnection request, our team will explain the next steps and you’ll get a request for valid proof of your new UK address. If we get this back within 30 days and it’s validated, we’ll apply a credit to the value of your early disconnection fee to your account.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote