View Single Post
Old 13-10-2021, 12:58   #3
smallclone
cf.geek

Services: M tv Broadband 150Mb/s. Superhub 3 V6
smallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of lightsmallclone is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Router ports behaving differently

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetiepooh View Post
Try different browsers first. I can't explain why one port is different and if consistent all the time, first run, cache empty etc. Firefox gives me slower speeds than chrome on one PC but is fine on another (wired). All very odd. (On Linux - Firefox = 350/53, Chrome 750/50; Firefox is more level, Chrome can vary all over the place, lots of wires in place though, some old and 750 is likely peak processing through the 2 routers in place.)
Thanks, checked speed this morning and now the GOOD port that gave 350 yesterday is 90Mbps today!

So I figured it must be the CAT5 cable - as it is going a fair few metres. So I changed it to some spare CAT7 that I had and seems to be ok now - getting the full 350mbs again. Could that be a plausible reason? a 30m cat5 cable not strong enough to carry the full 350? Why was it working yesterday though?
smallclone is offline   Reply With Quote