View Single Post
Old 02-09-2008, 22:57   #22
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 TV 360 boxes. 500mb BB, Phone line.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
Re: Using my virgin mobile overseas

Quote:
Originally Posted by BexTech View Post
Maybe being an American ship and somehow they've set up their own mini-network they have it set up that you must use 011 - the USA code for making international calls and not 00 the European and many parts of the rest of the world access code. Could be the phone didn't realise that +44 needed to be converted into 011 and not 00 as I've heard this happen a few times with people in the USA.
That doesn't explain why it didn't work on all of the European networks, I got the welcome text message every time I went into a different country, but could not dial out in any of them.

The only time I was on the American network was when we were at sea.
One of the calls I received was whilst at sea on the ships own network.

A bit of a bozo question here. Phone is a Nokia N73, when I enter a number direct from the keypad and press the */+ button it always enters a * so if I dial +44 it comes up on the screen as *44, could this be the cause of the problem, if so how do I get the keypad to enter a +.
iadom is offline   Reply With Quote