View Single Post
Old 21-12-2007, 02:07   #133
KillswitchEdge
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 50mb, XL TV, XL Phone
KillswitchEdge will become famous soon enoughKillswitchEdge will become famous soon enoughKillswitchEdge will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to KillswitchEdge
Re: Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience

Called VM's CS department 3 times in the last year.

First time was to drop a TV package. They were pleasant enough, did what we asked them to and were very helpful.

Second time was a few weeks ago when the northwest of England had an "unscheduled downtime" as far as net services went. I rang, got through to India, spoke to a nice woman who informed me that the problem was temporary and would be fixed by 2pm. 2pm came and on the dot it came back up. Thumbs up.

Third time was today, I rang to see if I could try and wangle a retentions deal out of them for being a long-time NTL/VM customer. Currently on the 4mb service with TV size M and phone line, total cost at the mo is 40 per month. VM offered me an upgrade to 20Mb and the TV up to size L for only 10 quid extra per month. Sorted.

All in all, very helpful, definitely moreso than NTL ever were.

I swear, the number of times I called NTL's tech support and prefaced my explanation of the problem with the phrase "I've reset the modem and rebooted my PC and it didn't work" and they've immediately said "Okay, did you try resetting the modem and rebooting?" is astounding. Haven't had the opportunity to try it with VM yet, mind you :P
KillswitchEdge is offline   Reply With Quote