View Single Post
Old 28-11-2007, 23:04   #126
)3az )3aziah
Inactive

Services: Virgin TV Virgin Phone Virgin 10meg (20meg ?)
)3az )3aziah is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience

I'm new here. I've been with Virgin ala Telewest ala Cableinet ala Cable since 1995. got my Phone, TV and Internet with them.

Prior to the Virgin takeover things went just fine Telephone worked without a fault, TV was great -OK a few problems now and again but nothing major and Internet ran fast, smooth and 80% fault free.

Then came Virgin...

Telephone, line quality is awful at best. Prices went up free calls went bye bye and my caller disply that was free with telewest suddenly stopped working and I now have to pay for it -WHY ? Also my ex-directory status was removed and I had to PAY to get it back. Overall my ratings: Before Virgin 9/10 with Virgin 4/10

TV, Picture quality is at best average. They tell me its my TV thats the problem -well that TV had excellent picture quality with telewest -maybe the changeover broke it !
A lot of channels are pixelated to hell and boy can you notice it on a big screen.
I have to reset my set top box 3 to 4 times a week. I constantly get "no information" when I try to see whats on using there wonderful guide.
Interactive is a joke, I can walk to the shop buy a newspaper read what on TV that night all in less time than it takes the guide to load itself.
Loss of Sky TV -OK I can see there reasons for it, but to replace it with a repeats channel and say that more than makes up for the loss is a joke. Rating: Before 8/10 Now 3.5/10

ISP
CRAP.
I'm on 10meg -told its 20 and lucky if I get 2.5. Yes I've tried other PC's with the connection and they all get the same speed so its not the hardware.
The CS line is more than a joke, you are lucky if you get a person who can speak English and spends half the call time asking you to repeat what you last said as they fail to understand you. Then you get a stupid scripted attempt to rectify the problem each and every time is the same old crap "Please be turning off your machine and waiting 30 seconds before restarting it... (yeah I'm paying good money for this crap) "Now please be removing the cable that connects your modem to the pc and turning it around so the connection from the PC is now in the modem... Thank you for doing that, please now be restarting your machine..." WHY WHY WHY and all that when you are calling because the modem is broken, you know its broken because NO GREEN LIGHTS are on the bloody thing. Still they ask you to do the same thing, I asked on "Techie" if standing on my head would help -appears they have not been through Sense of humour 101 and asked how I could do that...
Rating Before 8/10 Now 0/10 Total crap.

Rant over...
)3az )3aziah is offline   Reply With Quote