View Single Post
Old 18-11-2007, 21:30   #125
UK_Joe
Inactive

UK_Joe is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience

OK I'm new here..... So give me a little lattitude.

First of all I have like most of you 3 of their services,, Telephone, Tele, and broadband.

Telephone works fine.. lift reciever punch a few numbers and I find someone on the other end.. Life is so simple really...

Television.. well... Its patchy at best... the new service Virgin1 is a joke..It seems to be a channel of nothing but repeats.. They lost Sky1 I understand their reasons and I support them. What sky were asking for was tantamount to blackmail...but here is the rub.. as a gesture to us the paying customers.. Virgin gave us a selection of repeats.. yes ok I got reduction in my bill and an increase of my services in componsation.. but I had to fight for it..the television signal is blocky, always have to reboot the digibox to clear its cache.. usual stuff...

Broadband... omg what a joke... now I am not on the largest package..I have a 4Mb connection, Now thereis nothing wrong with my download speed.. mostly.. it hovers around the 2-3Mb my upload speed is around 56kbps.. which is terrible.. Your speak to The "Technical experts.." and you are talked through the connect this, disconnect this reboot that scenario. all spoken by somebody who's only experiance in computing is switching on a monitor and typing in his/her password. Then you have to pay for the call. ( which the do not reimburse even when they say they will. )

They forget that the average 12yr old knows more about computers than the average 40yr old.

The crux of the problem is... "We are the customers" We pay ( in advance ) for a service. If we are not given that service we are entitled to a rebate in the cost of that service. or if you would really like to get nasty about it, The service supplier is in breach of contract.. either way// it is up to us the customers to not ask... but demand a better service. the only way to do this is for every bad day of service demand a rebate for that day..

ok I have finished with this tirade

many thanks for reading it.. ( if you stayed awake that long )

Time to get onto customer services once again..

Joe
UK_Joe is offline   Reply With Quote