View Single Post
Old 11-05-2021, 12:10   #1
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Odeon cinema news

Yesterday it was confirmed that we will be proceeding with the next stage of lockdown easing on Monday 17th May which means the cinemas will be reopening. The film release date list is currently up to date and I am hoping things aren't going to change much going forward. Both the UK and US are doing very well with their vaccination programs so things should only get better and hopefully not worse.

So the good news is that there are plenty of good films coming out to see over the summer and the rest of this year. The reason why I wanted to make this post is that I have been looking at the Odeon website to see if they have updated it with new film showing times (and they haven't) and I noticed they have amended their Limitless membership for the better.

For those of you who don't know, Limitless membership is a service where you "used" to pay £17.99/month and you could go and see as many films as you wanted to any time for free. If you are a cinema fan it obviously works out very cost effective and you can save a fortune. My cinema is one of the most expensive in the country and ticket prices are usually around £12 so I was saving money even if I only went to the cinema twice a month.

I don't know whether it is because people have been cancelling their Limitless membership as cinemas have been closed for the best part of a year or whether they are just trying to encourage people back but the monthly cost has now been reduced to £9.99 until the end of September. The important point to make here is that I imagine in most areas it means that it is going to be cheaper for you to have a Limitless card even if you only go to the cinema once a month than it will buying one full priced ticket. If you look at the films being released over the next few months and if you were planning on going to see them anyway then you can save a lot of money. As an added perk you also get 10% off snacks and drinks so come September you will have saved yourself a fortune

In the interest of being fair and balanced before anyone whines about me promoting Odeon, Cineworld also provide a similar membership although I am not a member and thus cannot provide any information on changes or benefits.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote