View Single Post
Old 10-12-2010, 09:30   #315
TazFTO
Inactive

Services: XXL Broadband, XL TV, Phone
TazFTO is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Virgin Media Customer Service- Your Personal Experience

For the continuing saga... Phoned VM to tell them that the Surround Sound was working but that I'd still need an engineer for the Broadband, "Andy" at VM said that the engineer booked would not be able to help, so he cancelled that engineer & said he'd put me through to the Broadband team - then hung-up.
Re-rang to speak to the broadband team, "Peter" said he would have to do some checks before booking an engineer, even after I told him that their own SuperHub support had said that it needed an engineer out to increase the power in the superhub & that nothing could be done remotely.
Peter then went through a script relating to limited Wireless connectivity - I kept telling him that I was using a wired connection. He was obviously looking at a different superhub as most of the options he was asking me to confirm were not where he was saying they were. He attempted to remote onto the Superhub & couldn't so he said that his manager would call back in the next 30 minutes.
90 Minutes later I phoned VM again as no-one had called. "Mary" said that the engineer would be out as requested. I thought that was the end of it.
Over 2 hours after I was expecting to get the manager call, she phoned. She then changed the wireless settings (changed the broadcast channel to 13 & hid the SSID) saying that will have fixed the problem I've been having with my wired PC only getting (now up to) 20Mbit from a 50Mbit link. By changing the channel to 13, she disconnected my wife's laptop from the internet as the laptop can only use the lower channels.
I ran a quick test & proved that the changes were as much use as a chocolate teapot to a Namibian rhino. She then said she'd send an engineer....
Oh, to add insult to injury, she stayed logged in, locking me out of the Superhub for the next hour.
TazFTO is offline   Reply With Quote