View Single Post
Old 18-03-2021, 21:18   #37
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: £3000 spent and Virgin can't connect me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foo Fighter View Post
Yes, i was thinking similar but think you'd struggle with the POE injector over that distance. If you've run the ducting adding power probably isnt an issue.

A few people in here dont seem to understand the cabinet you'd supply at the end of your drive or whatever is your own services box, nothing to do with virgin they'd just be terminating their services in it.
Assuming that the nearest cabinet has the usual passive equipment plus a 60V amplifier for the Coax, to meet the Ethernet proposition, VM would have to bring proper power to that cabinet, maybe from as far away a 500m from a launch cabinet. And that is before they have to put a modem into that cabinet, connected to the coax then with Ethernet output to the customer's premises. That simply cannot happen.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote