View Single Post
Old 29-08-2007, 22:06   #6
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Best current Wii deal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ B View Post
Cheers for those, I'll probably go for a first person shooter like Splinter cell or MOH.

I think MOH has had better reviews than SC.

Resident Evil 4 is excellent. One of the Wii's best games.

Zelda is also excellent, if you like that kind of game.

SSX Blur (snowboarding) & Madden NFL '07 are both meant to be very good.

If you want a 2nd Remote (normally £30), it may be worth getting hold of Wii Play (normally £35), as that comes with a Remote anyway. Nothing amazing, just a collection of mini-games / party games, but not too bad.

If you have an HD Ready TV (or SD with component inputs), then the official Component video cable is a must - component is a hell of a lot better than the standard composite lead, & although the Wii isn't HD, it can at least do 480p when using component.

If you're gonna use SCART, & your TV has an RGB SCART socket (most do, unless ancient), then it's really really worth getting the RGB SCART lead - far superior to the standard composite lead.

Memory cards...

No immediate need for one, as the Wii has plenty of space for game saves & for Virtual Console games etc.

But, if you do get a memory card, there's no need to get the official Sandisk Wii SD cards. The Wii takes standard SD memory cards - the "official" ones offer nothing extra apart from a big price hike.

Amazon do good deals on SD cards. Actually, they even have very good prices on the official Sandisk Wii SD cards - £13.79 for the 2GB one, compared to the £30-£40 odd price I've seen some places.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote