View Single Post
Old 25-11-2021, 16:20   #3166
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Britain outside the EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
Cash in hand work is easier to find for those who are not asylum seekers so they get rid of ID come here and work on the side hidden and unknown
And that won't be those travelling in boats:

https://migrationobservatory.ox.ac.u...n-small-boats/
Quote:
However, we do have official information regarding how many Channel migrants claimed asylum for 2020 up until September. In oral evidence to the Home Affairs Committee on 3 September 2020, the Director General of UKVI stated that of the 5,000 people who had made it to the UK in 2020 to that date, 98% had claimed asylum.

---------- Post added at 16:20 ---------- Previous post was at 16:18 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carth View Post
Almost 26,000 'boat' people this year into the UK.
I'd estimate another 250 to 350 thousand here legally.

Lets go for a rather conservative figure of 300,000 migrants into the UK this year then. That's 300,000 that need food & drink, power for heating & cooking plus a roof over their head to do it in. Jobs, benefits, or student loans to be able to have those things, with schooling and health care when required.

How any was it last year . . 300,000 also?

Next years estimate anyone?

Close to a million extra people now aren't we . . . now look at some of the headlines lately regarding shortages and price rises.

However, it's not bad news, far from it. Economic experts have revealed that migrants contribute ££thousands££ more to the UK than people born & bred here, so we're on a winner, we just can't see it
And legal migration and asylum seekers via the channel crossings are two completely different issues.